September 26, 2015

Is This Thing On?

Crickets? Do I hear crickets?

It's been months since I blogged...close to a year and a half actually if we don't count my one random house tour about 8 months back! Considering my absence, I hardly expect anyone to actually be reading this. But that's ok because that's where this ole blog is headed!

When I first started blogging 5+ years ago, I did it for a lot of reasons...I genuinely enjoy writing, I enjoy creating and sharing my creations (especially when I feel like they're good ones!), and honestly I was half-hoping my little blog would somehow take off and give us a  financial boost thus enabling me to stay home with my kids. As such, I treated the blog like a job for years. I made sure to post 5 days a week even if I didn't have good content. I purposely crafted, cooked, or decorated just to have something to blog about, and when I didn't, I racked my brain for what I could possibly write about. It became a bit tedious, and once it became obvious that I was not going to "hit it big" with this whole thing (and we luckily no longer even needed me to!), I began to question why I was devoting so much energy to this project.

A year and a half later, I think I may finally have an answer! Blogging is modern day journaling. I still love creating and documenting those creations. I love having a place to share those creations...or thoughts...with the world. I love having a place to go back and look at how my style, or my boys, or my house has evolved over the years. While I'll be the first to admit, I get really giddy when I see how many of my posts are pinned (please tell me others check theirs too!), I blog for me! If you happen to be reading this, you're just my cherry on top!

And if you still happen to be reading, let me just warn you. This blog is going to be no-frills, low-pressure blogging moving forward. No more five posts a week...shoot, I can't even promise one a week! No edited, staged photos either. And the posts won't be proofread or grammatically correct.

But I will use it as a place to share things I want to remember...whether that is projects completed, experiences with my boys, recipes, or whatever else may seem note-worthy! And because it's been a year and a half, I have a lot of backtracking to do! So here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment