February 5, 2014

Stuck Inside? Round ?

Did you hear we were snowed in last week?  If you didn't, I'm shocked you didn't catch my bitching and complaining wherever you are!  Let's just say I'm not a stay in kind of girl!  On a typical day, we are out of here around 8:30 and not home until right before nap time.  But after surviving a couple of days being stuck, I am happy to report we made it through (and even happily for the most part!).
Indoor Ice Skating (just waxed paper wrapped around their feet)...slipping and sliding all over the place and having a blast doing it!
Puffy painting: it's just equal parts flour and salt, combined with just enough water to make it the consistency of pancake batter!  The kids had a blast painting with it (we used spoons, but brushes or even a soap bottle would work), but really loved that we could pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds and they immediately dried and got puffy.  On a side note, for the next few days Levi kept wanting to put all of his art work in the microwave...

Crystal Snowflakes: Just make basic snowflakes out of pipe cleaners, tie them to a pencil/skewer and hang them into a mason jar (or other cleaned out glass jar).  Dissolve 3 tbsp. Borax into 1 cup hot water, add a few drops of food coloring (if you want) and pour the mixture into the mason jar.  Let the snowflakes sit overnight and you will find crystals growing.  Pretty cool!  

Paper Snowflakes: An oldie, but a goodie...at least to my boys.  Colton was so proud he could use the scissors, and even though, I cut Levi's for him, he was pretty fascinated to open it up!

Build a fort: One of the boys new favorite activities!  I guess what could be better than hiding out under some blankets?!?







1 comment:

  1. These are all great. Living in Buffalo makes for a very long indoor winter for my babes (and me)!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment