January 21, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Cheesy Beer Dip

All right y'all hold on to your hats!  I am very excited/proud to present to you a Michelle-original recipe!!!  It is my first (and probably even my last), but it came out so, so good I just had to share it with you!
It all started back with Levi's birthday party.  I wanted a hot, cheesy, gooey dip and ran across some beer cheese dips.  But as I read over each one, I didn't really like what I was reading.  There were too many ingredients, they were too complicated, etc.  I don't know why, but I figured I could wing it and create my own!  And somehow, someway...it totally worked!
This dip was seriously the hit of Levi's big party.  Everyone kept raving about it.  And with Super Bowl Sunday just a couple of weeks away, I figured now was a good time to share it with you!
confession: this isn't actually a picture of my dip...I forgot to take one:(
                                                       
Cheesy Beer Dip

  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 2 cups Cheddar
  • 2/3 cup IPA (I used Sierra Nevada)
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. cornstarch*
  • couple dashes hot sauce*
1.  Preheat oven to 350.
2.  Place cream cheese in medium saucepan over low heat.  Heat until melted, stirring frequently.  Stir in Cheddar, beer, garlic powder, corn starch, and hot sauce (*I used these in mine, but I really don't know if they're necessary...the cornstarch would be to hold it together (but it probably could do so without it) and the hot sauce for taste, but I used so little, you couldn't even taste it!  So I would suggest increasing it or just ditching it all together!).  Stir it all over the heat until all is melted and blended together.  
3. Pour cheese mixture into oven safe dish.  Bake 15 minutes.  Top with a little more cheese.  

Serve it with soft pretzel pieces (I just bought the frozen ones and made them without the salt).  

Guys, I really can not rave about this one enough!  The dip was gone so quickly I barely had a chance to taste it, but I'm glad I did!  So, speaking of, you may even want to double the whole thing!  Let me know if you try it and what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment