September 16, 2013

Come One, Come All...

Holy Moly!  I have been eagerly anticipating sharing the pics and details of a circus party I did for a client waaayyy back at the end of June.  But as usual the pictures I took were pretty craptastic, so I have been patiently (or maybe not so patiently) waiting to get my client's from her photographer.  Nearly 3 months later (!), I finally have them in my possession, though, and it's time to share (in fact you can play a fun game of spot Michelle's crappy pics amongt the professional ones throughout this post)!
 My client (a girl I went to high school with who found my party business page on Facebook) requested a bright, fun, and happy circus themed bash for her adorable little boy's first birthday party.  I wasn't necessarily original, but I went with the red, yellow, and baby blue color scheme. The party was held outdoors in my client's backyard (and we crossed our fingers for about a month that the weather would hold, which amazingly it did!).
Guests were initially greeted by a couple balloon topiaries (stuck inside some potted plants flanking the fence) and a balloon arch in the color scheme. There were also some fun arrows pointing them in the direction of the party.



We had four tables set up for guests to sit down at.  For centerpieces, I went with vases filled with gumballs holding hand-made pinwheels.  I also put out small buckets of clown noses along with a sign saying "clowning around encouraged."


The food and favor table each got the same treatment: yellow striped linens, streamer backgrounds, and a red fan bunting along the front.

There were also some popcorn "vases" holding pinwheels scattered on the tables.
As for favors, I arranged some fun circus treats:  lollipops (decorated with the adorable birthday boy), mason jars filled with cotton candy, and boxes of animal crackers into a tower.
                                             
Guests (young and old) were instructed to take their pick.



To keep the kiddos entertained, we hired a clown (he came "faceless" so as not to scare anyone).  He did face painting, balloon animals, and a short magic show for the kids.  They seemed to really enjoy it.



Overall, Max seemed to enjoy his big day (although he did take a little snooze in the middle of it!)...
And my client...and now friend (another reason I love my job)... was pleased with how her vision came to life.  Another party success in my book!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment