July 26, 2013

This Is Me...

Freaking "This is Me"challenge.  I started this thing way, way back in November (I had to look that up!).Honestly, I'm over it.  But the word "challenge" is involved and I'm not one to give up on a challenge, so I'm determined to get er done if you will.  Plus, when looking back to see when I started I reread some of my previous entries and enjoyed them, so I'm thinking I'll be glad to have this when it's all said and done.
 There's seven sections left, so I'm thinking one...and maybe even two... a week and that'll be a wrap.
This week: politics...
Are you involved in politics?  If so, how?
Not really.  I have opinions, but I generally don't vocalize them to too many people to spare myself getting into a discussion I don't need to be having!  I do think it is my responsibility to vote, though, at least in the Presidential election or anything else that I have a distinct opinion on...can't complain if you don't vote, right?
Are you for a specific political party?
I'm not affiliated with a party necessarily, but my views, preferences, etc. do tend to go Democratic.
How do you choose who to vote for?
I pick the things that matter to me and vote for the person whose opinions most align with mine.  I also trust my gut and generally get a "feel" about one candidate or the other.
Are you happy with the Government?
I'm not quite old enough to know if this is how things have always been or if we just live in a more frustrating time, but my main complaint currently is just how pathetic it is that both parties seem more concerned with one-upping or exposing each other than in getting anything productive done.
What would you change if you could?
See above...I don't know how you would change it, but instead of people voting for things that are going to increase their chances of re-election, improve their standing in their party, etc., they would simply vote based on what is best.  Sounds logical, eh?!?

And since that was pretty easy, how about we tackle another section: nature
Where do you go to get away from it all?
This is probably pretty obvious if you know me at all, but...THE BEACH (or Target, but I don't think that's what they meant!).  Born and raised a beach girl, the beach...or anywhere that involves water... is about the only place in nature that I enjoy!!!
What outdoor activities do you enjoy participating in?
A long time ago I pinned one of those e-cards that read "I'm outdoorsy in that I like drinking on my patio."  Yep, that about sums it up!
What are some of your favorite outdoor memories?
Well, there's all those days on the beach, especially in recent years with the boys.
 And there's lots of times on my dad's boat when I was in high school where we would take the boat out for the whole day, dock it in the bay and spend the day jet skiing, tubing, and swimming to shore to get McDonalds.
Josh and I attempted to kayak when we were in the Outer Banks a few years back...we tipped the kayak in and he lost his sunglasses.  I still laugh.
We did successfully paddle boat before that...and took the boys out this past spring.
Does football tailgating count?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment