July 25, 2013

Things That Make Me Happy

 Sometimes in the hub bub of daily life, it is easy to get caught up in all the responsibilities,must-dos, and child-rearing chaos.  Sometimes I feel like I lose perspective and need to take second to stop and smell the proverbial roses.  So indulge me a bit as I formally take the chance to do so, eh?!?
Some of the little things that currently are bringing a smile to my face:

This spring, we hired a landscaping company who transported a very sad crepe myrtle from under a big tree to right outside our bedroom window.  It's been there for a couple months, but just started blooming a few days ago.  I love opening the window in the morning and seeing little pink flowers out there!

If you've been around here long enough, you've probably picked up on the fact that I'm a sucker for anything that features my boys interacting.  But what makes this video even more meaningful to me is that I remember my dad buying the drum set for Colton when he was just a couple months old.  We were at a silent auction, and when we walked out of there with it, I quickly realized just how loved/spoiled my little boy was.  And my mind couldn't even fathom just how fantastic of a kid  he would eventually be playing them...not to mention that he would also have his equally as fantastic little brother alongside him.  We just got the drums down last week, and needless to say, the boys are loving them!
                                                   
This past Friday, I sat by the pool with my sister, reading magazines and talking.  A mere 3 1/2 years ago that was a regular activity, but these days it is certainly a rarity.  Now that both boys are in camp a few days a week, though, I have decided to allow myself the indulgence of using Friday mornings for "me" time...no errands, no cleaning, just good ole Michelle-type fun (read: pool, reading, pedicure, shopping...ya know!). And it certainly is a much-needed mental and physical break!
                                          
I've sung the praises of this ice cream before, but almost as soon as I did, it disappeared from my grocery store's shelves.  I looked week after week, but to no avail.  I even checked at a few other stores that I frequent, but it wasn't there either, so I assumed it had been discontinued or something.  And then, last week, I needed to stop in Food Lion (a store I usually try to avoid)...and guess what?!?  They had it.  I bought 2!  And now, I guess Food Lion needs to be added to my regular rotation!

So see y'all it's the small things.  It doesn't take much to put a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment