Like most people these days (I think),I get most of my new recipes from Pinterest. And as much as I love, love, love Pinterest, I must say that I do have one complaint. Without any sort of ranking system or anything, it is hard to know which recipes are really, truly outstanding versus the ones that just have really pretty pictures. As many times as I have had Pinterest successes with recipes, I have also had failures.
So I figured I would save you all some trouble, and point you in the direction of some of the winners...you know, in case you haven't tried them out for yourself.
1. Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls If you haven't ever made these, do so NOW. They are amazing...and so, so easy!
2. Black Bean Dip: Um, I am in love! I made this for our cookout and my mom, sister, and I devoured it before anyone else arrived. I am a big fan of dips and haven't had a new one to add to my box for awhile. I can't wait to make this again. By the way, I omitted the peppers because I don't like them (and I'm the only one who counts, right?) and thought it was still amazing...just saying!
3. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies: If you love peanut butter and chocolate (and who doesn't), you have to try these out. The peanut butter taste is much stronger than in a traditional peanut butter cookie. And they may even be good for you...well, there's no flour or butter, so that adds up to good for you in my book.
4. Better than Augusta Egg Salad: OK, I've never been to Augusta so I can't vouch for that part of it, but I can tell you that this is a pretty awesome egg salad recipe. And I really like the fact that it has very little mayo, so it's a pretty healthy lunch option (I calculated it out at about 100 calories a serving). And as much as I loved avocado egg salad a few weeks back, I'm so much happier with this one because it actually lasts a few days. For the record, I omitted the celery because I didn't have any on hand. Still delish.
5. Santa Fe Chicken Packets: I love grilling out in the summer (or more accurately having Josh grill!), and these were definitely a winner. So easy, so healthy, so yummy.
Anyone else have some good pins to share?