June 25, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Grilled Wings

Something you probably do not know about my husband: he is a self-proclaimed chicken wing expert.  And actually, a few years back our local newspaper kind of confirmed his claims as they asked him to be one of the four wing taste testers for their "best of" edition.  Yep, it's true!
Now I, on the other hand, can take them or leave them...and I usually leave them because they're really not very good for you. So when Josh suggested that we have wings on the grill for dinner recently, I was pretty unenthusiastic about it!  Let's just say, I quickly ate my words...and my weight in chicken wings because they were really, really good!  And the best part: because they are grilled and not fried like typical wings you get out at restaurants, they're actually pretty good for you!
Grilled Wings
  • 3 pounds chicken wings
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup Italian dressing
Sauce:
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 tsp. soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup hot sauce
1.  Combine wings, soy sauce, and Italian dressing in bag.  Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight (we did ours for about 6 hours and I thought they were fabulous!).
2.  Preheat grill for medium heat.  Remove wings from bag and pat dry.  Cook 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally.  By the way, our grill got pretty smoky so be warned!
3.  Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.  Stir in soy sauce and hot sauce.  Turn off heat and reserve sauce for wings.

We both LOVED the wings dry, and agreed that the hot sauce was good, but not necessarily amazing.  We did ours half in hot sauce and half not.  So if you want to, toss the wings in the hot sauce.  Oh, and obviously serve them with Ranch.  Duh, right?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment