Since I already had all the burlap I could ever need, all I needed to pick up was a styrofoam wreath form (just one of those flat ones) and some pins.
Once I had all the supplies, I got to work cutting my burlap into squares. Mine measured roughly 3 inches by 3 inches, although I totally didn't measure them. The next step was making each square into a "bubble," and I did that by pinching the four corners of each burlap square together and putting a pin through them. Finally, I just took each bubble and pushed it into the wreath form using the same pin that was holding the corners together. I did put a little dot of hot glue down under each bubble just to make sure they stayed nice and firm in place.
By the way, I highly recommend the glue step. I didn't do this at first, but quickly got frustrated because the bubbles kept falling out. Once I added in the glue step, I had no more problems.
After repeating that process for an hour or so, I had this guy:
I'm really digging my new burlap friend. Here it is at a few different angles.
Overall, it was a pretty easy project...once I figured out that glue trick. I do have to warn you, though, that the burlap sheds like crazy and will get all over you! Nothing a little vacuuming won't fix, though!