February 14, 2013

Spreading the Love

Colton is a big Disney Junior fan.  And thanks to his good friends Mickey, Doc, and Jake, Colton has been totally swept up in the fun that is Valentine's Day.  The relentless stream of Valentine's Day programming left my tot desperately wanting to make cards, cookies, and anything with a heart on it. If you're a regular around here, you're probably already realized that I LOVE that he is so excited about the holiday (or any other upcoming celebration for that matter).  And to take advantage of his enthusiasm, I decided it was time for Colton (and Levi) to make some goodies for all the people they love.
My senior year of high school, I had no special Valentine.  Neither did one of my good friends, so we spent Valentines evening making sugar cookies, decorating them with canned frosting and sprinkles, and proceeding to eat all of them.  It was fantastic.  And the process was simple enough that I figured my preschooler could accomplish it as well.
Colton loves to bake and was very eager to take on these cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment