December 3, 2012

Ruffles, Ribbons, Bows, and Pearls

This past Saturday, I hosted my a baby shower for my sister-in-law at my house.  Obviously I was excited to do it because 1. she's family and 2. I love parties.  But I was maybe most excited to host (shhh..don't tell) because she will be having a baby girl, the first in our family, and as someone who spends her days surrounded by boys, I couldn't wait to get all girly with this shower.  Needless to say, pink, ruffles, ribbons, and anything else girly were everywhere.






Even I realized I may have gone a bit overboard when I started putting pearls on the forks...
The shower was held at 11, so we went with a breakfast menu including omelette muffins (southwestern and cheese), french toast plates, bacon (both turkey and regular), hash brown cups, donut skewers, cinnamon bun pops, yogurt parfaits. and fruit cups.  I didn't get pictures of everything, but did manage to capture a few shots.

Seeing how it was a brunch, a Mimosa Bar seemed to be a necessity (sorry I didn't remember to take the picture before bottles were popped and it was less than perfect, but I think you get the idea)

As for activities, I'm not a big fan of typical baby shower games.  Instead, we set up a hair clip making station and let people get their craft on (again shot taken after the chaos had begun!).
We also had people write messages to baby in a book for her mommy to take home.  I have to admit Pinkalicious seemed very appropriate.
Favors are my least favorite part of party hosting, especially at these type of things because people never take them and it just ends up being a waste!  I'm sure you've seen the OPI "It's a Girl" nail polish favors, and I was super tempted to buy those, BUT my brain/wallet/husband got to me and we went with a much more budget-friendly choice.  I made some White Trash chex mix (peanuts, chex, M and M's, and pretzels mixed with white chocolate), but used food coloring to tint the white chocolate pink.  Packaged up all pretty, they were quite the hit...we only had about half of them left!

I wish you could see the pink in the mix better...
Overall, I must admit this may be my new favorite party to date.  I had sooo much fun with all the pink and girly details, but now that it's over it's time to turn my attention to the next events: the holidays and my baby's big 1st birthday (can you believe it?!?).







No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment