August 16, 2012

Gluttony

When you're on vacation, everyone knows that calories don't count.  And in my world this also translates to when you're preparing to go on a vacation, calories don't count either (may as well get a head start, right?).  So with that mentality in place, I decided to finally give into some Pinterest temptation I've been fighting for quite some time.
I'm sure you guys have seen these two...the crazy combination of chocolate chip cookies, Oreo cookies, and brownies.  I mean, seriously, should those not be illegal or something?  But, alas, they are not, and after making them and sampling them, I can tell you that they're just about as tasty as you would think.
\
I don't really have a recipe to share with you because I just used boxed mixes for both the chocolate chip cookies and brownies (Ghiradelli if it matters).  In the middle, as noted above, is an Oreo cookie...I used the peanut butter ones for a little added fun.
Basically, you just make the cookie dough and spread it in the bottom of the pan.  Then top that with the Oreos, and pour some brownie batter on top.  Bake those suckers at 350 for about 50 minutes, and there you go...pure, ridiculous indulgence.
I will warn you that I used a 9x13 pan and found the mixes to both run a bit thin for it, so I would probably recommend using a smaller pan (which may also mean you need to increase the cook time a smidge) OR I guess you could always make more of the cookie dough and brownie batter.  
Just to make sure we're clear, these are not for the faint of heart, but they are pretty darn tasty!  So, if you're up for it, give them a go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment