August 1, 2012

Dessert + Dip = Danger

You've been warned...simply by viewing these recipes, you may just gain 10 pounds.  If you decide to make either, you will most definitely gain the 10.  But it will be worth it.  They're pretty freakin good!
We all know about Pinterest by now, right?  That lovely time-sucker that introduces us to all kinds of things we never realized we needed in our lives.  Well, showing up in my feeds recently have been all kinds of dessert dip recipes.  As someone whose always been a much bigger fan of the dips and desserts than the actual meal at any occasion, I hit "repin" every time one showed up, eager for a chance to combine my two favorites.
I hosted a girls' night in last week at my house and thought it would be the perfect occasion to try some of them out (ya know cause there would be lost of mouths to feed).  I had originally planned to do a trio of dips, but they each made so much that I decided two would certainly be enough.  And judging by the large quantities I consumed the day after as leftovers (and then by the large amount I finally threw in the trash so I wouldn't eat anymore), I was definitely right.
Both dips are awesome, and I honestly can't tell you which I like more.  I made both the night before and found them to be much better the next day, especially after sitting out of the fridge for a little bit.  So, do like I did, and try them both out!  You may just become addicted like I have though.
Monster Cookie Dough Dip
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups oats
  • 2/3 cup M&M's
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Snickers Dip
  • 8 oz. Cool Whip
  • 2x 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 24 snack size Snickers, chopped




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment