July 12, 2012

A Little Salad Variety

Summer=cookouts.  Or at least that's how it goes around here.  And every time we're invited to one, I'm left with the same dilemma.  I have some cookout staples (like my Potato Salad, Ramen Coleslaw, and Pasta Salad) that I seem to make EVERY time.  Obviously, the guests usually rotate so it's not like they get sick of the lack of variety, but I do, and I was getting bored.
Well, what do I do when I'm bored these days?  I hit up Pinterest, and once again, the fantasticness that is that site came through for me.  It was there that I found a recipe for Corn Salad.  Now, as is becoming typical for me these days, I ended up modifying the recipe a bit.  I don't know if that makes it "mine" or not, but either way, I'm going to share my version with you...because,well, because I liked it, so that's the one I feel comfortable endorsing!
And speaking of endorsing...I highly recommend this recipe.  I brought it to our Fourth of July party where it was on the table with about 10 other salads (mostly of the potato and pasta variety). It got lots of compliments, and my classy brother was even spotted eating it out of the bowl.
Corn Salad
  • 2 cans whole-kernel corn
  • 1 can shoepeg corn
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 1/2 cup Cheddar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. minced onion (the dry kind)
  • Chili Cheese Fritos (about 80% of the bag), crushed
1.  Mix the corn, mayonnaise, Cheddar, and onion in a bag and refrigerate overnight.
2.  Right before serving, stir in the crushed Fritos.  

That's it!  How easy is that?  And trust me, it's a good one!  Enjoy



1 comment:

  1. Excellent. I just modified a greek salad I found on Pinterest and made a huge serving bowl worth. It's been great for lunches and dinner sides this week. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment