This recipe is a classic favorite of ours and amazingly not something I found on Pinterest or elsewhere in blogland! Each time Josh mentions he would be up for grilling during the week, I immediately turn to this recipe. We find it a bit more time-consuming, but also a bit tastier, to make them as kabobs. But you can also just cut the chicken into strips and grill it up like that.
Hawaiian Chicken Grill
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. sherry cooking wine
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- chicken breasts...either cut into 2 inch cubes if you plan to put them on kabobs or into strips for grilling
- 20 oz. pineapple chunks, drained
- onion, cut into chunks
1. In shallow dish, combine all and let marinate overnight.
2. Preheat grill to medium high.
3. If making kabobs, alternate chicken, pineapple, and onion on skewers (*Soak skewers in water in advance). If grilling separately, place onions and pineapples in foil packet.
4. Grill 15-20 minutes.
Serve it over rice. And let me know what you think:)