April 11, 2012

A Little More Spring

A few weeks ago I showed you the spring updates inside our house, but have no fear...I've been busy making the outside festive as well.

In fairness, I had been waiting because my birthday wreath was still on the door.  But with March (birthday month in our house) officially over, it was time to take down the balloons and put something more spring on the door.  Here's a close-up of the wreath for you:
I had the fabric left over from Levi's nursery, so I just cut it into 1-2 inch strips and wrapped them around a straw wreath (with the plastic wrap left on).  I used a dot of hot glue to secure the strips on each end.
Once that part was done, I just made some felt flowers (using the same method as the ones here) and glued them on.  I must say it may be my favorite wreath I've made yet!
Aside from the wreath, I also planted some tulips in our planters.
And finally, I got on my hands and knees to do some major clean up in our flower beds.  After pulling out tons of weeds, leaves, and other debris, I did some minor pruning (I had no idea what I was doing, so I just snipped a bit here and a bit there).  Luckily, Mother Nature seemed to respond because now our flowers are abloom..
Yay!!!  I just love spring, so it's definitely nice to come home to a little shot of my favorite season each day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment