April 24, 2012

Laughing Cow Alfredo

You may have caught last week when I professed my love for Laughing Cow wedges.  I know, I know...hardly original, but those things really amaze me with how closely they resemble their higher calorie counterparts!
So, loving these little slices like I do I was quite excited to come across this Alfredo recipe using the Laughing Cow wedges to make it a bit healthier.  Usually, I am not a fan of alternative recipes finding that the decreased calories is just not worth the decreased taste factor (I'd rather just eat less of something worse for me, ya know?!?), but I figured if anything could deliver, it was probably the Laughing Cow wedges.  And since I'm bothering to write a post about it, you've probably already figured out that I was right!
I was very pleasantly surprised by this "Alfredo."  I felt like I was eating a cheat food and totally wasn't, which is always a plus, right?
Laughing Cow Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
  • 6 wedges Laughing Cow cheese (I used the original cream flavor)
  • 1 cup 1% milk
  • 2 TBSP. Parmesan cheese
  • 1 TBSP. butter
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • grilled chicken strips
  • steamed broccoli
  • 8 oz. fettuccine, cooked
1.  Combine wedges, milk, Parmesan, butter, and garlic powder in small saucepan over medium heat.  Whisk until all is melted together.  Reduce heat to low and allow to "cook" for about 20 minutes.
2.  Toss sauce with chicken strips, cooked fettuccine, and steamed broccoli.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment