February 21, 2012

A Veggie I'll Actually Eat

I wish I liked veggies, but quite frankly, I don't.  I try to eat them, though...obviously because they're good for you and also because I want Colton and Levi to grow up eating them.
Over the years, Josh and I have found a handful of veggie recipes that I enjoy tolerate.  But with only a limited rotation, they have begun to get a bit old.  I am always in search of some things we can try, and once again, Pinterest has come through for me.
This cauliflower recipe is easy, flavorful, and good for you.  I slightly modified the recipe itself to make it a bit more Weight Watchers friendly, so I will share with you my version below (basically I just halved the olive oil and Parmesan).
My new favorite way to eat cauliflower
via
Balsamic and Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
  • 1 head cauliflower, broken into 1 inch florets
  • 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp. dried marjoram
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450.  
2.  In bowl, toss cauliflower with olive oil, marjoram, and salt.  Spread on to baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes.  
3.  Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and the top with cheese.  Bake 5-10 more minutes.

And that's it...a veggie recipe that I will actually eat (and enjoy!).  Try it and let me know what you think...
                                             


4 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Will have to give this one a try...wonder if I can get my kids to eat it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colton liked it and unfortunately he inherited his moms eating habits! Good luck

      Delete

Make my day...leave a comment