February 7, 2012

Chicken Meet My Mixer

For the first time that I can remember, I have to say that I didn't see a single bit of the Super Bowl: not the commercials (although a VB native's Dorritos commercial was the featured winner from what I hear!), not Madge's halftime show (and based on Facebook opinions it seems I didn't miss much), and not the football.  What was I doing you ask?  Well, we spent the Super Bowl at my sister's boyfriend's brewery (well, he's the head brewer...O'Connor Brewery if you're interested) where there was a big party.  The game was on, but  instead of watching the game, I was watching my boys ham up the attention (well, Colton hammed it up...Levi just kind of hung out) and enjoying the social scene myself.  See how cute they are?





I could go on and on about all the fun we had at the big shindig, but instead I have to share with you all my epiphany moment from earlier in the day.  One of my contributions to the party were these Buffalo Chicken Bites (sadly, I didn't even taste them so I can't tell you if they're any good!).  Well, the recipe calls for shredded chicken.  I HATE shredding chicken...it's time consuming, it's gross, etc.  
I'm always one to look for a shortcut, so when I spotted my Kitchenaid Mixer sitting in the corner I figured that bad boy could do the job.  I boiled my chicken like normal, stuck the breasts in the mixer, and turned it on for about a minute.  Well, guess what?!?  I had perfectly shredded chicken...easy, peasy!!!
I was so excited that I told my sister about my discovery.  She slightly rained on my parade when she told me she had seen the trick on Pinterest already...What?!?  I thought I had discovered something new.  So, if you have seen this on Pinterest too, I apologize.  But if you had missed it like me, you can take it from me...it's an awesome, time-saver tip!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment