December 30, 2011

Sugar Coated Pecans

I mentioned last week that we would be hosting our annual (well, basically) Christmas Eve Open House.  Most of our decision to do this stemmed from the fact that I thoroughly enjoy/believe in spending the holidays surrounded by friends and family.  The logical part of me, though, knew that this undertaking would have to be small from a work standpoint.  For one, I am VERY pregnant and for two, I was quite frankly, just a bit over spending my free time (and not so free time) in the kitchen.  In that vein, I turned to some of my easiest recipes for this event.
One of them were these sugar coated pecans.  I have been making these for years.  Aside from the fact that they need to bake for an hour, they require just about zero effort.  Even more importantly, they taste amazing...like, I'm not usually a nut fan and can't get enough of them.  Plus, they are the perfect snack item to put out at a party for people to nosh on and move on, so while we used these for Christmas Eve they would also make the perfect addition to your New Year's party or any other event
Sugar Coated Pecans

  • 1 pound pecan halves
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tbsp. water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1.  Grease baking sheet.  Preheat oven to 250.
2.  Whisk egg white and water in bowl until frothy.
3.  Toss pecans in egg white bowl and toss to coat completely.  
4.  Combine sugar, salt, and cinnamon in separate bowl.  Coat pecans completely in sugar mixture.
5.  Spread pecans out evenly on baking sheet.  
6.  Bake for 1 hour, but take out every 15 minutes to stir.

And with that I should conclude my recent influx of recipes (and mainly bad for you stuff at that!).  The holiday season is over, and mama's about to start a major diet (once Levi gets here of course!).  So, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment