October 3, 2011

The Highlight of My Weekend

Let me preface this post by saying I actually had a pretty fantastic weekend.  For one, fall has finally arrived here in Va. Beach (and this time I'm pretty sure it's here to stay) meaning I got to turn on the seat warmers, whip out my Ugg slippers, and indulge in a pumpkin pie frozen yogurt treat...all lovely fall novelties at least for now.  Plus, the boys and I took a nice, cool walk on Saturday and then enjoyed some football (and tailgating...speaking of which, I'll be back with some yummy recipes later this week) the rest of the weekend.  Oh, and Josh and I scored my first real thrift store find, which I am currently in the process of redoing, something that excites me greatly (hopefully I will be able to share it with you this week as well)!
I provide you with my little weekend synopsis only to put into perspective just how significant my weekend's highlight was, to me at least.  Friday night I was playing around on the computer and browsing some of my favorite online sites as I tend to do from time to time.  I landed on West Elm and when I noticed they had new bedding, I clicked on the link to check it out.  Well, guess what I found...
In case that's not setting off any alarms for you, let me remind you of this image...
That is my inspiration image for Colton's big boy room.  I have become obsessed with the bedding.  I finally managed to track it down (Serena and Lily if you're interested), but at $180 for just the duvet cover, there was no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that Josh (or even I, truthfully) would go for it.  I had considered DIYing something, but my major worry was that my attempts would prove to be more costly than just buying something, even if that meant I had to sacrifice my vision.
Well, someone at West Elm must have been ready to answer my prayers.  The above duvet cover that I found at West Elm comes in at $69, certainly a considerable savings over my earlier attempts.  So, yeah, I went ahead and ordered it.  It's already on back order, but hopefully it will be arriving soon (although it really doesn't matter since I really don't even need it until January or so).  
So yeah, that was most definitely the highlight of my pretty fantastic weekend!  What about you guys?  Anything exciting happen to you?



1 comment:

  1. awesome. don't you just love it when you find deals like that???

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment