September 19, 2011

Seasonal Update

With temperatures dropping into the 60s this weekend (for highs!!!) and a Sunday morning spent sans baby boy who had spent the night at his grandparents, I had the perfect excuse to whip out some of our fall decor and begin our living room's transformation.  In past houses/apartments, I never bothered to switch out our decor seasonally, but I started doing it last fall in this house and have really enjoyed it.  Luckily, because I have already been through one fall season, I have a good amount of supplies on hand.
So far, I have just hit our living room, adding fun touches of pumpkins (white and straw), pine cones, and cinnamon sticks in places.




I am in love with the subtle hints of the season these little changes have made, especially next to my beautiful new mirror, and the slight cinnamon scent we sniff while sitting in the room.
Because I was new to this last year, I pretty much stuck to our mantle and the living room.  But this year, I hope to expand our fall decorating (and hopefully the other seasons) with small touches in other areas of the house, especially the front door for which I have big plans!  I, of course, will keep you posted!
What about you guys?  Did you experience some fall weather this weekend?  Did it motivate you to decorate for the season too?  I feel like everywhere I turned on Facebook people were posting about their pumpkin spice lattes and fall decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment