August 10, 2011

Beach Bash

I mentioned yesterday that my parents hosted their housewarming party this past weekend.  They had actually moved in back in February, but had taken some time to get the place show off worthy.  If you're a regular reader here, you probably already know that I tend to end up in charge of planning my parents' parties and this one was no exception.
With about 90 people in attendance, the food was left up to a caterer (thank goodness), and they did an awesome job!  The food was delicious and presented perfectly...my favorite was the mini lobster/mahi tacos that were closed with mini clothespins...I wish I had gotten a picture for you all!).
My main responsibility was the decorating, then.  Because we didn't want to take away too much from the actual house, we chose to stick with very simple, white decorations.  Inside, I used vases of different white flowers.


Outside, I wanted to take advantage of the beach setting and just did arrangements of vases filled with sand and different size/shape candles.  Here's a shot of them in the daylight:


And flickering away in the dark:
My other big (sarcasm!) contribution to the party was this DIY drink sign I made using Word to put on display at the bar.  There was a bartender, but my parents also had a couple of signature drinks (the Todd
(my dad) and the Susan (my mom)), so they wanted something simple that let everyone know what was available:

Besides the food, lovely decor, beautiful beach view, and the music of the steel drummer, the obvious highlight of the party was this guy:
Even though I could not partake in the fun the rest of the party-goers were, I was pleased to have my cousin there with me (also pregnant and due just a couple weeks after me!) from Florida to deal with the insanity with me.  Our mothers tend to get a little out of hand when together (of course we are known to join in when able), so some quality family bonding certainly ensued by the end of the evening.

drunk-sober-drunk-sober...can you tell

and the fun continues...my sister-in-law even joined in on the party
Ooooohhhh...just wait until February...I'm going to plan a party where everyone has to watch me get wasted! But seriously, it was an awesome party and a fabulous weekend spent with friends and family members.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment