July 11, 2011

A Little Peek

Ever had one of those moments when you just look at your life and realize how content you are and how incredibly lucky and blessed you happen to be?  I had one of those Sunday afternoon.  Nothing spectacular had happened necessarily...but I was fresh off some conversations with friends questioning their own paths and hoping to find happiness.  It's amazing sometimes to look back at my life and remember those times in my own life when I was questioning my own path and when I would find my happiness (we've all had them after all!).  So fresh off a really nice weekend with family, friends, and most importantly my 3 favorite boys, I just feel very fortunate to have what I have, the little things that constantly make me smile and warm my heart.
Like this:
That's Chipper's favorite game.  It's called "I have something you should want, so now come get me."  The only problem is we don't...we just let him sit there with it in his mouth...he looks ready for the chase, though, huh?
Or this... one of Colton's favorites games.  That's Chipper's toy basket he has dragged out and taken residence in, hence Chipper's agitated/annoyed/confused look.  
Or how about the boys taking a dip together on a hot summer day (sorry for my lovely outfit...I have gotten into the terrible habit of wearing my gym clothes all day; while it does save on laundry, I feel like it needs to be fixed?).
And finally Colton and his daddy taking in his first baseball game together (well actually he went last year too, but he wasn't very aware of the game then!).  After watching a lot of baseball on tv with his dad, Colton was excited to get to see it in person (and I was excited that we got to cross an item off our summer bucket list)!

So, that's a little glance into my little slice of heaven.  How about you guys?  Ever stop and realize just how lucky you are?  

1 comment:

Make my day...leave a comment