April 13, 2011

Modern Baby Books

At my pre-Colton showers, I received a couple of really nice baby books that I planned to fill with pictures and mementos from our baby boy's firsts in life.  Unfortunately, reality set in and between tending to our sweet, but needy baby, working, and living I never got around to working on the books.  Now, with a whole year of his life gone by, the task just seems too daunting.  Luckily, though, I have discovered a couple of other good options that I figured I would share with you in case you find yourself facing the same problem. 

When Colton was born, I did decide to start a blog devoted just to his daily happenings.  I would post a picture and a quick write up of his day, mainly for my sister, grandfather, and other out of town family members to be able to "see" him grow and change.  Each day the blog takes me about five minutes to publish, and has provided a priceless documentation of baby boy's first year of life.  When Colton turned 1 a couple weeks ago, I turned the first year of the blog into a book, so that we would have a hard copy of it.  I used the site Blog2Print.  It was just about the easiest thing I ever did!  You can customize pretty much everything: the covers, table of contents (if you want one), etc.  The only down side seemed to be that my book was going to take a long time to get here (it's estimated arrival was April 18th), but my book came in about a week after I ordered it...woohoo.  I love it, and am so glad I kept up with the blog and now that it has beocome a book for us to have forever:


 Another option I recently discovred comes from the site My Own Little Story.  At the site, they provide templates for significant milestones, both from pregnancy and the first 2 years of your child's life.  They will also send you email reminders when your child approaches certain milestones.   I haven't ordered a book yet, but they look really nice and professional. 

Anyone else know of some other good non-traditional baby book options out there?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the idea!! I have slacked with my son's baby book. He'll be 2 on Sunday. (If that says anything). I'll have to look into more.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment