April 14, 2011

I May Have Lost My Mind...

My Spring Break is FINALLY here (seriously, I think this is the latest one we have ever had).  When I have time off from work, I, of course, relish every moment I have to hang out with baby boy, relax, do some shopping, and generally take it easy.  But I also try to use the down time to accomplish some projects around the house, especially those that are a little too time consuming to complete in just one weekend. 
I am by no means a home improvement expert, but after tackling projects for a few years now, there are some areas I am pretty confident/skilled at.  I have decided this Spring Break, though, is the perfect time to extend my repertoire and take on a new skill.  I have considered learning how to sew, and while I hope to do that one day, I'm thinking another skill may be a little more worthwhile right now....***wait for it***.....

WOOD BUILDING
Seriously, Josh thinks I've lost my mind, but for  years I have been checking out Ana White's Knock Off Wood site.  Have you ever seen it?  If not, you should head here now (well, once you finish this post) and ogle like I have been because there is some serious inspiration there.  Like, pieces that I could spend hundreds for in some of my favorite stores like West Elm, Crate and Barrel, and Pottery Barn, or....build them myself for a fraction of the price.  Like this gorgeous storage solution for our playroom:

Rolling Room Divider Cubbies

Using Ana's simple plans, I really think I can do this.  I just need a pocket hole jig (is it a problem I have no idea what this is?) and a circular saw...any recommendations? 
Wish me luck!



1 comment:

  1. My dad has a portable circular saw I am sure you could borrow.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment