March 21, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

This weekend marked the first official day of spring, and to say this girl is excited is probably an understatement.  Although the weather around here isn't necessarily screaming spring (a high of about 50 today), we are decidedly closer to warm days, flip flops, and school being out...I mean, what's not to be happy about?
 To get into the spirit, I decided to do a little mantle revamping this weekend.  Our mantle is not only the focal point of our living room, but also of the whole house as it is the first thing you see when you open the front door (well, from a distance anyways), so there is no better place to usher in my favorite season.  Here's our mantle donning its winter wear:
although obviously the Hanukkah garland, menorrah, etc. were put away after the holiday season!


And after a little awakening this weekend, this is what our mantle looks like now:


The best part was I owned pretty much everything already and just had to take it out of the closet to complete my transformation.  I did buy the Spanish Moss that is in the vase for about $3 the other day at AC Moore.  And obviously, some fresh flowers in the pitcher and tall vase would do wonders for completing the look, but I am satisfied with its fresh appearance for now and will spring for the flowers when we have company coming over (el cheapo huh). 
And speaking of satisifed, my spring refreshing was not the only accomplishment of the weekend.  Josh fixed the handle on our front storm door (the latch had been broken, so we had to constantly have the front door closed to prevent the two boys from escaping), so the lovely sunshine can now shine in all day and the boys can watch the front yard happenings.  I also managed to finally hang my mirror.  I chose Colton's bathroom for it, and I think I'm happy with the result:

Plus, I managed to complete all of my Colton party shopping (next Saturday is the big day!) and conquer a few other projects for the party that you'll have to wait and see.  Not to mention, I had a fantastic 30th birthday celebration, spent a nice day at the park with my three favorite boys, and had plenty of time to lounge around the house in my sweats...pretty awesome weekend, huh? 
So what about you guys?  Was your weekend successful?  Relaxing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment