September 6, 2010

Patriotic Chic?

Today is Labor Day, which honestly does not put me in the party mood...another 180 day school year officially starts tomorrow, so for me (and probably all teachers), today is one of the most depressing days of the year. However, Labor Day is a holiday and holidays mean parties (something I do love). Now, I love me some USA, but usually find the decor to be a little, I don't know the word, homey? So, I began wondering, is patriotic chic an oxymoron or can it really be done? I started searching for some cool, modern patriotic red, white, and blue, and lo and behold, find some lovely ideas that seriously are enough to get me excited, maybe not for Labor Day still, but for next year's Memorial Day (ok, far away, but we can set our sights, right):



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment