December 27, 2013

Holiday Baking Round Up

Somehow, someway I've managed to blog about nothing that wasn't holiday related ever since Thanksgiving.  Believe it or not, we've actually had other stuff going on in our lives, but that stuff will have to wait because today I have yet another holiday post on tap for you.  I promise...I think...that this will be the last one!
Yes, I know the holidays are over, but in the last week or so I have tried out a few Internet find recipes that were big successes, so naturally I wanted to share them with you all... in case you want to squeeze in some baking before those New Year's resolutions start!
1. Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies.  These were so easy, and so awesome (although admittedly I have an unhealthy obsession with chocolate and peanut butter!).  No recipe needed...just some peanut butter on a Ritz, top it with another Ritz, and dip in some melted chocolate.  Perfection!  For the record, I just used semisweet chocolate chips, so I can't vouch for the white chocolate version.
                                                
2.  Red Velvet Roll.  I was drawn to this as my Christmas dinner dessert contribution because it was just so darn pretty.  But man, tastewise it was a big hit as well!  Definitely worth the little bit of extra effort...and by extra effort I mean having to roll it up, unroll it, and roll it again!
                            
3.  Candy Cane Fudge.  Admittedly, I only took one bite of this (we were giving it away with gifts, so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't terrible or anything!), but it seemed to pass my taste test!  As far as fudge goes, this is about as easy to make as it gets...no thermometers or anything crazy...just about 10  minutes of effort!  
                                             
If you couldn't tell, I went ahead and used the pictures from the original sites because they're way prettier than anything I could take!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment