October 23, 2013

Sometimes You Just Need a Grown Up Day...

...and luckily, the Town Point Park Wine Festival comes around once a year (well, actually twice, but we usually just do the fall one) to fulfill that very need.  Every October, thousands of local wine lovers...or at least people who seem to love wine...gather in Norfolk for a day of sampling Virginia wineries.
Now, I love wine as much as the next person.  But what I really love more than anything is a day spent hanging out with some really fun people.  Even with a day of on and off rain, Wine Festival 2013 was a total blast (as usual).  No specific stories to tell or anything (besides booing someone out of our private bathroom...and then later finding out she was actually there with my dentist/guy I grew up with...oops), but some fun pictures...
Photo: Another wine fest picture
mom, sister, sister-in-law, and me...with a photo bomb by our good friend, davy
Photo: Wine Fest 2013
                                              same as above plus some really good friends:)

my sister and Josh, but can we just take a second to giggle at my brother's attempt at suave in the background

if you didn't notice the several bottles of wine on the table, you would probably guess it was a pretty tame event from the looks of this!

                 
josh didn't dress appropriately for the weather and was cold all day...
until he borrowed a 65ish-year old man's jacket
\just a little glimpse of the bigger party...


My friend, Kristina, describes Wine Fest as her Christmas.  I don't know if I'd go quite that far (especially because the 8PM bed time is kind of lame!), but I'm certainly already looking forward to next year's event!
                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment