September 12, 2013

Let's Do Fall

School has started.  Football has started.  Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back at Starbucks (technically I don't think they ever leave, but they're now officially back!).  I even wore jeans a couple of times this weekend.  Even though Fall doesn't technically start for a couple of weeks, I think we can all agree that Fall is here.
Every time I begin a new season, I create a little to-do list for the boys and our family.  I really can not rave about this ritual enough.  I'm not crazy about checking things off or anything, but it does provide us with some direction when we get to a day and don't quite know what to do with ourselves!  A lot of the things on this list are old favorites that we've done for a few years now (hayride, pumpkin patch), while others are things we're going to try for the first time.  Let's see what we've got:

In case you're new here, we have a card for each activity and display them on a magnetic board (converted cookie sheet) in our kitchen.  Each time we do an activity, we take it down and store it away until next year.  I'm sure you can't read them, so here's the official version:
*hay ride *pumpkin patch *caramel apples *apple print paintings *leaf pile
*carve/decorate pumpkin *costume shopping *trick or treating *pumpkin pie
*Charlie Brown movies *Hunt Club Farm *leaf rubbings *pumpkin breakfast
*nature mobiles *s'mores *corn maze *fall picnic *gigantic spider web *tailgate *thankful craft

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment