July 22, 2013

Mega Bubbles

Awhile back I pinned a recipe for a bubble solution that promised to create "big, bouncing bubbles."  I happen to have some bubble loving boys in my home, so I figured this would be a major hit with them and added it to our summer to-do list.
Spoiler alert: I was a little more impressed than they were!  Luckily, our neighbor was over playing for the afternoon.  Turns out little girls actually sit still, as opposed to my mile-a-minute boys who just wanted to chase the bubbles...and each other...the whole time.  She humored me and really enjoyed the bubbles as well.  Thanks Grayson!











I tried my best to capture the impressive size of these bubbles, but I was pretty unsuccessful!  Turns out trying to manage three kids under 3 plus the camera is a little unrealistic!  We did learn, though, that the larger the bubble wand, the larger...and cooler...the bubbles.  That may be common sense for some, but I didn't think of that at first and thought we had a Pinterest dud on our hand as regular bubble wands just produced regular bubbles!
Oh, and I guess after all this talk of our bubbles, I should probably give you the recipe so you don't have to search it down if you want to try these too!  
Mega Bubbles Recipe
  • 1 cup distilled water
  • 1 tbsp. dish soap (I read somewhere that dove was best, but I don't know!)
  • 1 tsp. glycerin (can be found at any craft store in the cake supply aisle)
Mix it all up about 24 hours before use (I only let mine sit about 20 hours and it was fine!).

I also read that if you wear a sock or glove on your hand, then you can actually "catch" the bubbles and they won't pop.  We didn't try that, so I can't vouch for it, but it sounds like another fun twist!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment