March 27, 2013

Oven Chicken Fajitas

I try to give a new recipe a try at least once a week.  When I first started cooking, I relied heavily on allrecipes.com and similar sites for inspiration, but like most things in my life, I now turn to Pinterest.  And while I try not to speak ill of my time-sucking obsession, I must say that I have found the recipes on Pinterest to be a mixed bag.  They look pretty, but with no reviews or anything, it's hard to weed out the good ones from the not so good.  And let me tell you, we've tried quite a few of not so good, or even just ok, recipes over the past year or so.
But I've finally found a winner.  Actually, my sister found a winner.  And suggested we try it. So we did, and now I can confirm it's a winner.  Easy.  Tasty.  Fajitas.  Win, win, win.  Now you want to try it too, right?  Here we go...
Oven Chicken Fajitas
  • 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
  • 1 onion, sliced thin
  • 1 red and/or green pepper, sliced thin (or go the lazy way like me and use the prepackaged onion + green/red pepper sliced fajita mix)
  • 15 oz. can tomatoes with green chile peppers
  • 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 3 tsp. chili powder
  • 3 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • tortillas
  • toppings: sour cream, cheese, guacamole, salsa, etc.
1.  Preheat oven to 400.  
2.  Place chicken strips in 9x13 dish.
3.  Mix oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and salt together in small bowl.  Drizzle over chicken strips.  Stir to coat.
4.  Add in sliced onions, peppers, and can of tomatoes.  Stir again to coat.
5.  Bake 25 minutes.
6.  Serve with tortillas and toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment