But I've finally found a winner. Actually, my sister found a winner. And suggested we try it. So we did, and now I can confirm it's a winner. Easy. Tasty. Fajitas. Win, win, win. Now you want to try it too, right? Here we go...
Oven Chicken Fajitas
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 red and/or green pepper, sliced thin (or go the lazy way like me and use the prepackaged onion + green/red pepper sliced fajita mix)
- 15 oz. can tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 3 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- toppings: sour cream, cheese, guacamole, salsa, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Place chicken strips in 9x13 dish.
3. Mix oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and salt together in small bowl. Drizzle over chicken strips. Stir to coat.
4. Add in sliced onions, peppers, and can of tomatoes. Stir again to coat.
5. Bake 25 minutes.
6. Serve with tortillas and toppings.