March 19, 2013

Frosted Grapes

When plotting what to bring to the St. Patty's Day parade/cookout we had been invited to this weekend, I was racking my brain trying to come up with something green...cause I'm corny like that!  All I could really come up with was guacamole, though, which just seemed a little too Mexican for the day.  But then I remembered this amazing grape salad that we had the pleasure of trying devouring when a nice well-wisher brought it by Josh's grandmother's house after his grandfather passed away.  I scoured the Internet trying to find the recipe, and I'm thinking this is it!
The end result is probably a pretty unhealthy salad, so we'll think of it as a relatively healthy dessert.  Either way, it's delish!  And with warmer weather on the horizon, I'm thinking it would be a great treat on a warm day.
Frosted Grapes

  • 1 1/2 pounds grapes, taken off stems, rinsed, and patted dry
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • caramel syrup
1.  Mix cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and sugar until smooth and creamy.
2.  Stir in grapes until well coated.
3.  Sprinkle brown sugar on top.  
4.  Finish by drizzling caramel on top.

I made mine the night before, but I'm thinking that it's not necessary.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment