March 15, 2013

DIY Thin Mints

Admittedly, I have a bit of a DIY obsession.  Whether it be home decor, party stuff, or even food...if I can make it myself, I do!  The results are admittedly dicey at times, but that is not the case with these Girl Scout cookie knock-offs.
I was first introduced to these when a friend's mom brought them to a Christmas cookie exchange.  And they are so unbelievably easy that I find myself tempted to make them just about as frequently as I crave Girl Scout cookies (as in daily!).  With it being Girl Scout cookie season and all plus the fact that St. Patty's Day is this weekend (and somehow I think mint goes along with it...green=mint, right?  anyone else?), I figured now was a good time to share the recipe with you all.
DIY Thin Mints
  • bag of chocolate mint chips/wafers (friend's mom recommended AC Moore brand, and I probably agree they are the best, but the Andes ones are pretty tasty as well!)
  • sleeve of Ritz crackers (I used reduced fat)
1.  Melt chocolate wafers in double boiler.  Obviously, you could do this in the microwave as well, but I prefer the double boiler so the chocolate stays melted.
2.  Using a slotted spoon, coat the Ritz in chocolate.  Remove them to parchment paper.
3.  Allow chocolate to "solidify."

Seriously, y'all, I warn you...these things are addicting; just like the real thing!  I made them this time for a St. Patrick's Day party we have this weekend, and needless to say, I don't think they're going to make them there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment