January 3, 2013

Doldrums

Now that the holidays are over, it is time to face the sad reality that it is indeed winter.  Obviously, are winters here in Virginia Beach are relatively mild compared to other parts of the country, but it's all relative and I, for one, despise the bitter cold days of winter.  And  those of you in super cold places at least have snow to look forward to...for us, there is a good chance we won't see the white stuff all winter long.
last year's fun in the "snow"
To keep myself...and the boys...from going absolutely bonkers, I came up with our winter to-do list (much like I have done for summer, fall, and the holiday season if you care check out the past ones).  Just like in the past, I did not include the things we will inevitably do (like hit up the bounce house...the boys' current favorite place! or mall play areas).  And as I just told you there is a good chance we won't see snow, I didn't include any of the fun that will undoubtedly occur (build a snowman, make snow angels, etc) if we are fortunate enough to see some flakes!
Enough about what I didn't include, though. And on to what I did...
*take a swim in an indoor pool *do some bathtub painting *baking soda art *movie theater 
*bowling *Children's Museum *Aquarium *library *Sportsplex play area *Color Me Mine
*Cupcakery *Young Chef's Day *Decorate sugar cookies and deliver *use dry erase markers on windows
*Valentine's craft *make snow globes *make leprechaun traps *St. Patrick's Day parade
*sensory bin *build a fort *basketball game *ice treasure hunt *whip cream painting *play a board game
Basically, I racked my brain to come up with anything and everything I could think of to do inside!  And since winter will take us right through Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day (and right up to my birthday...), I made sure to include fun activities for those two occasions as well!
Just looking at the list, I must admit I'm already feeling a little better about this whole winter thing.  How about you guys?  Anyone have any other fun ideas for winter/indoor fun?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment