January 30, 2013

A Trend I Can Endorse...

I'm sure you've seen recipes, or at least pins of recipes, for chocolate cake in a cup...or something similar.  I know I have...for months.  But as hard as it may seem to believe, I'm actually not a big chocolate cake fan, so I never paid the pins much attention.  Recently, though, I saw a pin for various desserts in a mug recipes and a light bulb suddenly went off!  It had never occurred to me that just about any dessert could be customized and created in a mug.
As I was preparing my chocolate chip cookie in a mug, Josh made a comment that I could just make a whole batch of cookies.  Well, right, but then I would also probably eat a whole batch of cookies.  The beauty of making it in a mug is that there is only one, so when it's gone, I'm done!  Plus, making it in a mug took about 2 minutes for prep and cook time.  How ideal is that for when you just need something sweet?
So, now you really want to try one right?  Here's how I made mine...
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • 1 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 egg yolk (just save or trash the white parts!)
  • 2-3 drops vanilla
  • pinch salt
  • about 1/4 cup flour (maybe a little less)
  • 2 tbsp. chocolate chips (or more/less if you want)
1.  Melt butter in mug.  
2.  Stir brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and salt into mug.
3.  Add egg yolk and mix well.
4.  Stir in flour...now it will resemble traditional cookie dough!
5.  Mix in chocolate chips.
6.  Microwave 40 -60 seconds (I like mine at 40).

Even Josh, the constant skeptic, thought it was good!  Oh, and the boys were pretty big fans as well.
Now I can't wait to try out some other varieties.  A warm dessert in a mug sure beats a cold scoop of ice cream in the winter, right?


1 comment:

Make my day...leave a comment