Until this year! Having already decided that the boys and I were going to surprise dad on his birthday with a cake at the office, I searched
|confession: this is not actually my picture...I never took one because I didn't actually plan to blog about it|
but this one looks a lot like the one I made, the picture is therefore from here
Chocolate Chip Cake
- 2 sticks butter, at room temp.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz. (or so) chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9 1/2 inch spring pan.
2. Beat butter and sugar together for about 4 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time. Beat in vanilla extract.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in small bowl. Gradually add that mixture to the sugar mixture, incorporating fully each time.
4. Stir in most of chocolate chips, keeping a couple of handfuls out to top the cake.
5. Pour batter into pan and level it out. Sprinkle top with the left over chocolate chips. Bake 35 minutes.