November 8, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cake

Last week was my dad's birthday.   I remember that when I was a kid my grandmother would always bring my dad a Sara Lee chocolate chip cake for his birthday that he loved.  Each year when his birthday rolls around I think about trying to replicate it, but had never really gotten around to it...
Until this year! Having already decided that the boys and I were going to surprise dad on his birthday with a cake at the office, I searched everywhere on Pinterest for good recipe to use.  Now, my dad is not usually one to rave about anything, but as of press time, he is still raving about that cake (that's over a week in case you're too lazy to figure it out)!  I actually didn't get to taste the cake because we left it at work for him, BUT I'm1.  going to trust his rave reviews and pass along the recipe to you...
confession: this is not actually my picture...I never took one because I didn't actually plan to blog about it
but this one looks a lot like the one I made, the picture is therefore from here

Chocolate Chip Cake
  • 2 sticks butter, at room temp.
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 8 oz. (or so) chocolate chips
1.  Preheat oven to 350.  Grease 9 1/2 inch spring pan.
2.  Beat butter and sugar together for about 4 minutes.  Add in eggs one at a time. Beat in  vanilla extract. 
3.  Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in small bowl.  Gradually add that mixture to the sugar mixture, incorporating fully each time.  
4.  Stir in most of chocolate chips, keeping a couple of handfuls out to top the cake.
5.  Pour batter into pan and level it out.  Sprinkle top with the left over chocolate chips.  Bake 35 minutes.



                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment