In fact, Buckeye Balls have been a long-time favorite of mine. After all, they're you're basic chocolate-peanut butter combo...my most favorite ever! The problem with buckeye balls, though, is the work required. I mean, who has time for all that ball forming, freezing, and dipping? So when I saw this easy bark version, I kind of assumed it would be a winner. Which it was...on all levels: ease, taste, and weight gain assistance.
To make matters worse, I decided to take home the left overs from Thanksgiving. By Saturday afternoon, I had to force myself to just throw the rest out to spare my waistline any further damage. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of this stuff. And it would make a pretty good holiday gift, so I figured I should share the recipe with you too.
- 18 oz. chocolate chips
- 16 oz. peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 45 second intervals. Spread into cookie sheet so chocolate forms large rectangle, approximately 1/4 inch thick. Place in freezer.
3. While chocolate is freezing, combine peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, and melted butter. Remove first chocolate layer and spread peanut butter over chocolate. Return to freezer.
4. Melt rest of chocolate. Remove bark and pour final chocolate layer over. Return to freezer until well set.
5. Cut with butcher knife. Store in freezer or refrigerator.