September 25, 2012

Peaks and Valleys

This was the scene I walked into 2 out of the last 3 days after Colton's "nap time" (as in, he was supposed to be taking a nap, but decided not to).

If you can't discern the lovely image from that picture, it is actually poop smeared on Colton's bed spread...yes, that is my life!  How did it get there you ask?  Well, it seems Colton spent what should have been his nap time "wiping" the poop out of his diaper with his hand.  Lovely, I know.
And here's the thing...this is kind of par for the course with my tot these days.
At 2 1/2, Colton is a bit of a challenge.  This is the first time in his little life that I honestly can say that I miss the stages that preceded it.  Don't get me wrong...he's still a really good little boy.  He's still sweet, and cute, and funny, and certainly doesn't do anything out of the norm for a 2 1/2 year old boy.  But he's definitely more rambunctious these days and his time out chair is definitely getting its use!
Meanwhile, Levi is peaking big time.  He's mobile, he's babbling, he has a big, loving personality, he's a cuddler big time...he's a pretty darn cute, perfect baby (not that I'm biased or anything) and as I've mentioned before, as he becomes increasingly independent, we are able to enjoy him more and more.  Levi is at an age where he constantly amazes us.  It's fun.  (Plus the boy just weathered not one, not two...but 4 teeth coming in like a champ!).

 So, if we're going to say Levi is peaking, it would probably also be fair to say Colton is in a valley. I'm sure that over the course of their lives, they will each go through these stages over and over and flip flop constantly with each other...probably even moment to moment.  I guess it's a good thing there's two of them, so one can always temper the effects of his poor-behaving brother!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment