September 4, 2012

Kickoff 2012

If you've been reading this little ole blog for awhile now, you probably already know that we are pretty big sports fans.  While our real passion is Steelers football (t-minus less than one week until kickoff!), we are also big supporters of ODU football, a smallish local college team.  We are season ticket holders, and although I just told you that we are big football fans, I have to be honest that the real appeal of ODU games is the tailgating.  Friends+food+drinks=a good time.
This is ODU's fourth season of football, but it was our baby Levi's very first!  So, Saturday, we loaded everything and everyone up and headed out to 90+ temperatures to kickoff the season.  It was HOT, but I would say a good time was had by all.
Our friends (thankfully) brought a pack n' play for their little girl.  Colton normally would have nothing to do with one...or his brother for that matter (although that is improving truthfully), but after seeing Levi in the pack n' play...well, he just HAD to join in on that fun. It only lasted for a few minutes because neither of my boys are particularly good at being contained...


 Colton has been fascinated with this game each season...I guess the tradition will continue this year.
Josh was really excited to discover the beer holster.

A highlight of the day was watching Colton play catch.  He was totally catching the ball on his own, much to my dad's delight, who immediately started plotting his future football career.

While Levi honed his special skill (eating!  seriously, this kid is a tank!) some more
Eventually, both boys were a little worn down by the heat.  Levi managed to take a little snooze with his friend Maisy.
And Colton managed to schmooz up to his friend, Jenny, and got her to give him a little ice rub...over and over and over
Before we move on to the actual game pics, I should also share with you my food contributions.  Each week we do a theme for our tailgate menu, and this week's was just classic tailgate/cookout food.  I made my Buffalo Chicken Dip, which I have made several times, seen hundreds of times on Pinterest and other sites, and even blogged about here if you have yet to try this pretty awesome dip.  I also brought this amazing Chocolate Peanut Butter Eclair Cake.
I have been making Eclair Cake for years (here's a post on the original version if you want to try that one out), but luckily someone was smart enough to switch it up some.  When I saw it on Pinterest, I knew I had to give this one a shot and I must say the new version is totally amazing too!  I totally copied her recipe, so instead of typing it out, I'll just send you here to check it out.

And with all that tailgating fun done, we did actually make it to the game...where I took way too many pictures of my boys as usual.  


















1 comment:

  1. -->We have ODU season tickets as well. Like you, we were in a suite but on the third floor. I LOVED going into the A/C after tailgating.

    Your eclair cake looks delicious!
    deb

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment