August 30, 2011

Chocolate Eclair Yumminess

A few weeks ago, I showed you all my Italian feast menu I whipped up when we had family in town.  The dessert we served that night was a Chocolate Eclair "cake."  My brother, who was in attendance that night, tends to really get on kicks with these things, so when we had to have a last-minute fantasy football draft party last Friday night in order to beat Irene's impending arrival, he requested that I whip up the same Chocolate Eclair "cake" for the occasion (btw, I'm putting the cake in quotations cause it's really not a cake, but I don't know what else to call it...hmmm).  Luckily, I stay at home now, so whipping things up is actually possible.  But really, this has to be one of the easiest (and most delicious) recipes EVER, so you too could whip it up if you had to!  This time, I was sure to take some a picture for you and am ready to hand over the recipe, so here it goes:

Chocolate Eclair "Cake"
  • 1 box graham crackers
  • 2x 3oz. instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 8 oz. Cool Whip
  • 3 cups cold milk
  • 16 oz. chocolate frosting
1.  Beat pudding mix into milk.  Add Cool Whip to the pudding mix and mix well.
2.  Line 9x13 pan with a layer of graham crackers.  Top with 1/2 of the pudding mix.  Add another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mix.  Top that layer with the remainder of the pudding mix.  Add one more layer of graham crackers, and finish off your creation by spreading the chocolate frosting over the final layer of graham crackers.



2 comments:

  1. im heading to the grocery store after work... this was one of the most amazing this ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this before, and it is so good! (I also posted it on my blog after making it the first time last year.) It's even better after sitting in the fridge overnight, since the graham crackers get soft. It really does taste like an eclair, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment