September 11, 2012

Fall Bucket List

Maybe it's just me, but I always have a hard time with this time of year...the few weeks between Labor Day and the end of September.  Is it summer?  Is it fall?  The calendar and the weather obviously say it's still summer, but my attitude just doesn't.  I feel silly wearing a sundress and the pool has lost its appeal, but it also seems to early to put on the jeans (probably because of the 90+ temperatures) and sip on that pumpkin spice latte.  In that vein, I'm mentally ready to switch out our summer decor for something more fallish, but I'm trying to hold out for a couple more weeks.
I needed something to satisfy my fall cravings, though, and decided making our fall bucket list was a good place to turn.  In case you don't remember, I modified our bucket list system this past summer.  I really liked the result...it was totally functional AND we had a lot of fun accomplishing the items.  So, I'm going for a repeat this fall...obviously with fall-appropriate items.


There are several fall lists already out there, but I'll share mine with you in case there's something on there that you haven't seen elsewhere.As a disclaimer, I should mention that I don't include things on our list that are obvious in our world...the park, football games, tailgates, etc.  While they're all wonderful fall experiences, I knew we would accomplish them (and many times over), so it seemed silly to include them.  I also try to stick with things that have some seasonal association; we'll probably end up at the zoo and/or aquarium, etc, but I didn't feel like they should be on a "fall bucket list."  So without further ado, our fall bucket list...
*caramel apples *apple printing *hayride *pumpkin picking *Hunt Club Farm 
*pumpkin carving *trick-or-treat *corn maze *baking soda art *nature walk
*leaf art *leaf pile *Charlie Brown Thanksgiving *pumpkin pie *apple orchard 
*Charlottesville *movie theatre *roast marshmallows (s'mores) *Sandcastle Festival

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that we will get to be there in the fall! Maybe we can cross an item off you bucket list while we are there! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment