With all that in play, usually our dinners lean more one way than the next...and this recipe is a prime example. This one is extremely easy to make...check. And it is really healthy (especially for how filling it is, which means you probably won't eat a very large portion). With all that going for it, I have to admit that I would be lying if I told you that this is the tastiest thing I have ever made...BUT, it is pretty good...at least good enough that I felt comfortable recommending it for you to try.
A few recommendations before I share the recipe with you: 1. it tastes better after it sits for a bit, so leave some time to do that. 2. We thought it needed a bit more flavor, but I'm not sure exactly what seasonings I would recommend to do that, so if you come up with something let me know! 3. the original recipe called for 4 cups of rice, which we used, but honestly I think it was too much...I've written it for 3, but that may be too high/low. Again, let me know if you try and figure it out.
Southwestern Rice Chicken Bake
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked (I used the 2 minute microwave variety to make it easy!)
- 1 package grilled chicken, chopped
- 8 oz. frozen corn
- 15 oz. black beans, drained
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 10 oz. tomatoes with chile peppers
- 1 cup reduced-fat Cheddar, plus some more topping
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all in a large bowl, making sure to thoroughly mix in cheese and yogurt.
3. Place mixture into 8x8 baking dish. Top with additional cheese.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes.