So, when his birthday rolled around last week and it was decided that we would invite his family members over for some cake, I figured this Brownie Sundae Cheesecake would probably be right up his alley.
Now, let's be clear here...this Brownie Sundae Cheesecake is RICH, but I'm thinking the name pretty much made that a given. But if you like cheesecakes, or want something totally indulgent, well then it's a winner!
Brownie Sundae Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 6 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 4 8oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
Brownie Sundae extras:
- box of brownie mix
- caramel sundae sauce
- chocolate sundae sauce
1. Bake brownie according to directions on box. Allow to cool completely and then cube about 1/2 of the pan. Eat the rest...you're welcome!
2. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray. Mix crust ingredients and press into pan. Bake 8 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Blend in milk and eggs, 1 at a time. Mix in sour cream, vanilla, and flour. Pour over crust.
4. Gently press cubed brownies into cheesecake top. Top with chocolate sauce and caramel and swirl lightly to give it a marbled effect.
5. Bake 50 minutes. When baking done, turn off oven but leave cheesecake in it to cool 5-6 hours.
6. Before serving, top with additional caramel and chocolate sauce.