But once that was done, the rest of the transformation was going to be pretty simple. I had decided early on that I was keeping all the major fixtures, towels, etc., so all I had left to do was switch out the shower curtain, accessories, and a couple other things.
I decided all along I wanted a patterned shower curtain (although I was a bit worried it would be too much pattern action), so the search was on to track one down that would match our towels (that I didn't want to replace because a. I like them and b. I didn't want to spend money on new ones!). Luckily, I found this guy at Lowes of all places (I don't usually think to shop there for shower curtains) and think it goes pretty well with everything.
With the shower curtain acquired, I also went on the search for new accessories. Again, I wanted to go with some greenish/blueish ones to add a little more color in there. I had found some at Pottery Barn, but luckily my BFF Target must have read my mind and had some much cheaper options in stock...thank you friend!
I didn't want to switch out the art work in the room, but I did decide to paint the frames...once again to infuse a little more color (are we sensing a theme here?). Unfortunately, I picked a shade that was a bit too blue (you can see them in the first picture), so I'm going to have to do it over again, but I think they're better than the white. I actually have another 2 prints that go with that set, so I think I may go get a couple more frames and make it more of a cluster.
The only other thing I wanted to tackle was a new and improved towel tower. The space is really slim, though, and I haven't been able to track a new one down that would work. I'm going to keep looking...and may even go with a table and shelves/baskets instead, but it may be awhile until I make up my mind! For now, I've tweaked the shelves a bit by adding in some things from other rooms of our house!
So, I guess this will probably be the final bathroom update for now! How about we conclude with a fun before: