October 18, 2010

Fall Fun

our picks from the pumpkin patch: Josh's big orange pumpkin, my medium-sized white one, Chipper's special green pumpkin, and Colton's tiny orange one
This weekend, we got to take Colton on his long-awaited (note: only long-awaited by me, no one else seemed to be counting down the days to this momentous occasion) first trip to the pumpkin patch. I have long remarked that one of the best parts of my job as a first grade teacher is that you get to relive childhood joys, and now that I have my own baby, I am thrilled that we get to take this to the next level. As a true beach native, I typically think of summer as my favorite season, but as we wandered through the pumpkin patch on a blissful fall day in Va. Beach, I got to thinking about the joys of fall: pumpkin spice lattes, putting on Ugg slippers, Sundays spent watching Steelers football, eating comfort food, Thanksgiving surrounded by family, and seeing the leaves change color.


As Colton gets older, I can't wait to introduce him to all of fall's splendor. While he cannot appreciate the season much this year (I mean, he is only 6 months old!), in years to come I have decided there are some things my baby boy must do:


1. go on a hayride


2. carve a pumpkin


3. taste apple pie, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie


***cause if he's gonna be like his momma, he's gonna need one small sliver of each on his Thanksgiving dessert plate


4. make a caramel apple


5. do an art project with leaves


6. throw the football with his daddy, Uncle Ryan, Papa, and all the other boys (or girls...hey, we're equal opportunity around here) at ODU tailgates


7. go to Pittsburgh for his first Steelers game


8. wave a Terrible Towel like crazy


9. go to Charlottesville to see the fall foliage at its best and visit mom's Alma mater


10. visit an apple orchard


So what do you all think? Is there anything I am forgetting? Anything I must add to the list?



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until Colton can come and join in the fun of the apple extravaganza. . .hahaha. Make sure you add trick-or-treating and haunted houses to your list :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment