September 29, 2010

Festive Fall

My brother-in-law is getting married in a couple weeks (10-10-10 to be exact), and just recently it was decided that our house would be playing host to his cocktail party rehearsal dinner event. So, with less than 2 weeks to put this together and a full-time job + motherly duties to attend to in the meantime, planning was taken to a fever pitch this weekend.

While this party will most certainly be categorized as casual and laid back, the perfectionist/OCD (self-prescribed) in me refuses to half-ass anything, especially a party. In that vein, my planning commenced with trolling the internet for some fashionably, chic, easy fall decorations, and this is what I came up with:

Pretty, right? And I think pretty easy to duplicate. Even if you don't have an ocasion, some of these (brown sticks in a vase embellished with scrapbook paper band, or the vase of leaves, which I managed to find at Target this weekend) would be fantastic updates to home decor for the fall season. So, what do you all think? Any favorites? Or other fall decorating ideas? I'd love to hear it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment