It has a nice, unique flavor and was pretty easy to put together. My only complaint was that I had a hard time slicing the cauliflower without it crumbling on me which meant I ended up wasting a lot! But I'm thinking that's more a of a me problem than a recipe problem, so I say try it out (and then pass along your slicing tricks to me!).
Ginger Soy Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 head cauliflower, stalk trimmed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. water
- pinch sugar
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400. Line cookie sheet with foil.
2. Slice cauliflower lengthwise including the stalk. Again, this is where I had a bit of trouble, but even the non-perfect steaks turned out yummy, so I say just do the best you can!
3. Lay cauliflower on baking sheet. It's ok if they overlap some. Sprinkle with olive oil. Bake 25 minutes.
4. While baking, combine the soy, water, sugar, green onion, ginger, and sesame seeds. Whisk well.
5. When cauliflower is done, pour the sauce over it and toss well to serve.