March 13, 2013

Cork Board Jewelry Display

 Yesterday, I shared with you my efforts to zest up my appearance, chiefly by working in accessories to my outfit choices.  When I first started, I found that I had some pieces that I could easily work into multiple outfits, but I would often forget I even owned them because they were buried at the bottom of a basket.  Especially after I received my Stella and Dot purchases, I knew I needed to come up with a way to display my growing jewelry collection.  Here's what I came up with:

A simple cork display made from a frame I had on hand from a baby shower of yore.  I took the glass out of the frame and glued some cork (cut to size from a roll I bought at the craft store) to the backing.  I had some left over fabric from my bench project, so I wrapped the cork in it, gluing it to the back after folding in the corners like a present.  I picked up some cute thumbtacks at Office Max and hung up my jewels.
And now each time I open my closet, there's a bit of bling to greet me...which makes me happy!  Plus, it really has helped me accessorize.  When thinking of an outfit, I just have to look up there to see what will work...and if nothing does, I'm on a mission to find a piece that will!  I figure that's a good way to build a jewelry collection, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment